- Formula E is a new FIA championship featuring race cars powered exclusively by electric energ y .
- It represents a vision for the future of the motor industry over the coming decades.
- The races will be held in the heart of the world’s leading cities, around their main landmarks .
- Demonstrations of the fi rst cars will commence in 2013, followed by the fi rst o ffi cial electric car race in 2014 .
- A grid of 10 teams with 2 drivers each.
- The FIA expressed its delight with the sport’s shared values of clean energy and sustainabilit y .
- Formula E hopes to promote general awareness around sustainabilit y .
- It also intends to serve as a framework for R&D around the electric vehicle and accelerate general interest in EVs for personal use